The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's significant strategic advantages make it a compelling location for long-term investment.
Statistics show that investors are already taking note: Saudi Arabia has become Middle East-North Africa's (MENA) top destination for foreign investment, while in 2009, Saudi Arabia attracted $35.5 billion of foreign investment, producing a cumulative stock of $147.1 billion.
Saudi Arabia offers companies and investors many advantages, including:
- Plentiful, readily available natural resources, raw materials and energy needed for manufacturing and industrial development (contrasting with the shortages and rising prices found in many other countries)
- A welcoming home and efficient springboard for energy-intensive industries such as minerals and metal processing, automotive production, and plastics and packaging
- A thriving, fast-growing industrial sector (the largest in MENA and 14th largest globally)
- The largest economy and market in MENA, and 23rd largest in the world
- A strategic location at the crossroads of Europe, Africa and Asia
- Easy access to Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA) and other MENA markets
- A pro-inward investment, pro-trade, business friendly, open and progressive economic and political environment