Organisations and support
Industrial Clusters support to minerals and metal processing investors includes:
- Carrying out market research and providing market data
- Identifying the best possible locations, sites, suppliers and staff
- Evaluating business model options such as foreign direct investment, joint venture and licensed operations
- Arranging meetings with Saudi Arabian investors
- Assessing eligibility for incentives
- Assisting with applications
Industrial Clusters can also advise on accessing finance such as Public Investment Fund loans, Saudi Industrial Development Fund loans and private venture capital.
In Saudi Arabia, foreign companies enjoy all the benefits, guarantees and incentives offered to Saudi-owned companies.
Any equipment required for a project that cannot be sourced from Saudi Arabia, such as some mining and metal processing equipment, is exempt from import duties. Once the project is operational, capital and profits can be repatriated without restriction.
Other Investment incentives and support includes the Human Resources Development Fund, which provides financial support for training and employment; and innovation grants.